3/10/2020

It's been a week

As you probably know, the north was locked down last weekend. The rest of the country went on lockdown today. And so, at the behest of my baby, I bought myself a ticket home, leaving Thursday (as there were no direct flights tomorrow).

And then! At 6pm, Air Canada informed me that my flight had been cancelled. So I called to see what the what, and had been on hold with them for an eternity when an email came in from the lovely and up-to-the-minute Carp informing me that they had suspended all flights between Canada and Italy. (Which somehow I had failed to piece together while waiting on hold for lo those many hours) (Just an hour actually, but I feel like lumping in the 4.5 hours I spent on the phone yesterday with that.) 

Anyway, that all  got me thinking. And got me acting. I rounded up all the media I could find on the subject and found that the last flight was actually leaving tomorrow morning (the flight I didn't book because of a stopover in Montreal). 

Well, I've booked it now. I mean, between cancelled classes, the ceiling collapse and government advisories, I get it. All the signs are there. I just didn't have my glasses on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so very glad to made it home to your baby healthy!!! Very much thanks to Carp!