2/01/2020

The stomach wants what the stomach wants

It's absolutely crazy. I know. But I did it.

I just booked a ticket to Rome and an adorable studio in Pigneto, and am figuring out classes at the excellent school I studied at a few years ago. 

Vietnam, it just wasn't our time. 

My stomach has been doing flip flops much of the time that I've been here. I've been basically off shrimp for two years. All I want to do is eat gnocchi. So that's what I'll do. 

With a departure next week, I'll be able to take nearly full advatage of all my Schengen time (provided I can afford to stay there!) and with any luck, achieve my original goal for this trip: To replicate my nonna's agnolotti soup. 

Somewhere along the way, I got sidetracked from that goal. Regardless of the circumstances that have brought me here, I'm feeling that all's right with the world.

It's been good knowing you, Saigon. Godspeed.

No comments: