2/01/2020

Star-crossed lovers

Me and Saigon, that is.

I'm going to get one of those shirts made. You know: I went all the way to Vietnam and all I saw was my lousy hotel room. 

It's true. The past two days, I've barely left my apartment. So of course I've been beating myself up. What is wrong with me? Why am I so listless and lethargic? Why is everything making me queasy? Why can I not even finish one goddamned meal?

I'm not always so great at cause-and-effecting when it comes to my own health, but walking down the street this afternoon, starving but unable to conceive of eating anything I saw, it came to me:

It's the Flagyl, stupid.

It's kicking my ass. Good to know it isn't Saigon.

I'll take a raincheque, Vietnam. Sorry about the misunderstanding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaning over my non-artificial counter this morning I remembered your blog. What a gut-wrenching account. Loved the translations. Looking forward to hearing more from Italy.
In boca al lupo! Carp

6:22 am