1/30/2017

One night in Dar...

And I am spending it in a filthy hotel near the Kariakoo market. The hotel restaurant is... questionable, so I tried to head out to find a street stall in the bustling streets around the hotel.

The receptionist wouldn't let me. When I insisted, she insisted that I leave my bag and bring no more than tsh 10,000 with me.

I only needed tsh 1,000, but made the mistake at the first stall I stopped at of ordering what I can only guess was beef tendon soup. It was not my cup of tea, so I picked up a couple of fried dough things.

Curled up on my room under much needed a/c, I was about to turn out the lights when the entire area was hit by a blackout.

My fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

aviva said...

Strangely, that reminds me of the random meal we had in out motel room in ... shit, where was that? Somewhere in Louisiana? I'm loving your posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you scare it **** out of me! I love the receptionist!!!
If I ever see her I'll give her a huge hug!
xoxox