12/11/2016

Blowout dinner

I went to August for my first meal in town, and every detail was superb. After a glass of amazing bubbly, I was offered an amuse of a brown butter custard topped with cauliflower mousse served in an eggshell.

Since this was a blowout,  I had two ridiculous apps: Louisiana stuffed blue crab with andouille and shrimp, served in a crabshell on a creamy bed with a crispy topping. Wow.

Then a single raviolo stuffed with what they call a yard egg, topped with something like a beurre blanc and then covered with mounds of winter truffle, shaved tableside. Wow.

I ended with the tripletail (like grouper) on tasso crab rice, topped with oysters and served drizzled with an oyster jus (they call it oyster au poivre). Maybe the highlight, but it's hard to say.

No pics, because at August, I didn't want to be that person.

1 comment:

Augusta said...

A restaurant name after my own heart, with a menu which provokes ample salivation. Oh dear, SC, this sounds divine.