2/19/2016

Valladolid

As opposed to my perpetually off-kilter timing in Merida, my timing here in Valladolid seems to be excellent. After a less than ideal hotel experience in Izamal, I walked in here and fell in love. That said, I had only booked one night, since I didn't want to find myself trapped in a similar situation, and they are fully booked for tomorrow night.

But... when I told my angelito at the front desk that I would find somewhere else for Saturday and then come back for the next two nights, she suggested I go to Rio Largatos instead (which I had been planning on doing, but just as a day trip), and then proceeded to book my (very affordable) hotel for me. They'll hold my bag here so I only have to bring a one-nighter, and I'll be back until I leave for Isla Holbox on Tuesday. Which.... I had been planning on going to Tizimín for no other reason than they supposedly have daytime busses to Chiquilá, but I think I will be much better off to take one of numerous busses that make the run to Cancún. These make a drop at El Ideal, from where I can grab a taxi or a combi or something, to bring me to the ferry, to bring me to the island.

I only have three days booked on the island, because the place I want to stay only had those days available, but I had been thinking that if I'm loving some beach time, I would just look around for another option there fir mt last two nights. But at this point, I'm so in love with Valladolid that I might come back.

I love everything about this hotel. I love everything about Valladolid. I am very happy to be here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I loved Valladolid as well. And for what it's worth, that looks VERY much like the hotel we stayed in 12 or so years ago - that would be something... - Liz