2/07/2016

That Mexican sweet tooth

As I had the misfortune to discover two decades ago, the Mexican sweet tooth extends far beyond dessert. The breads here are much sweeter than what you'll find north of both borders. Plain yogurt isn't quite plain. It's sweetened (as I found out the hard way, trying to make my own tzatziki).

And if you ever find yourself in a bakery, you'll likely notice that everything (and I mean everything) comes with a fine dusting of sugar.

Case in point: Ham, cheese and chili stuffed pastry. Topped with sugar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as a sweet tooth I have, this is really too much! Sugar
on my sandwich? I don't think so. Are't regional variances amazing!
Loving the posts. Seem to have your techie problems resolved.
So glad. It's 62 degrees in FL. At least it's stopped raining! (for
now)

xoxoxoxox