2/06/2015

Lesson learned en route to Hong Kong

Though I would ordinarily rather be caught dead than in ugly sneakers (all the more so during episodes of international travel, when I like to imagine (erroneously) that I exude an air of intrigue), because I have decided to really minimize luggage on this trip, and yet had to get to the airport in a Canadian February and will have to keep my feet warm for more in-flight hours than I care to contemplate at this time, and because I hope to get some exercise in between hawker stalls, I  am sporting a pair of white and pink New Balance trainers.

And I'm sold on sneaker travel.

Not only does it mean that I can go for a run if I feel like it, without having had to pack yet one more pair of shoes, but (head smack) it also saved me from the ignominity of stocking clad security clearance procedures.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

The shoes ARE festive looking and they make your feet look fast!!
Did you get any sleep on the flight or are you getting it now? Did you drink the whole litre of water?
Just going to get Matt and then..?
Hope you get to have some fun on your H.K. layover.
xoxo

Augusta said...

Baby, you would exude mystery if you were wearing 2 paper bags on your feet.

aviva said...

Ditto. And, anyway, those sneakers are hot. I'm on my way to a party in "fancy dress" which means I had to raid Roxy's closet for sparkly gold legwarmers. I miss you already.