3/03/2020

The sweet siren song of Deposito

[Disclaimer: this is not a Rome 2010 post. It is a Rome 2014 post I just stumbled onto.]
*********
As usual, I am a lousy tourist. All of my sightings have been accidental, and my happiest moments have been in random, relatively unfrequented neighbourhoods where I have been struck by some kind of bliss.

A couple of nights ago, I missed the last train home, and found myself wandering around the bus lot at Termini station trying to figure out which (if any) of the night buses could take me home. Thing was, there weren't really many night buses at all. Except at one strange and mysterious stop that was thronged with people. The mystery buses lined up there were emblazond with a single word: Deposito. Of course, not knowing what Deposito meant or where it was, I figured it probably wouldn't be a great idea to hop aboard, but when I did finally decide to walk home, it was not without a longing glance over my shoulder.

Fast forward to Saturday. I wound up on the wrong tram on my way to lunch and had to pop off unexpectedly when it seemed to and be taking me in the wrong direction.

Silly me. I should know better. The wrong direction almost always winds up being the right direction somehow.



















Now, because in addition to a lousy tourist, I am also a lousy photographer (or at least, an infrequent one), these pictures are not quite of Deposito. They are pictures of the overpasses (yes, one third of my trifecta of awesome) that encircle Deposito.





No comments: